Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Login to post your products and services

Greasy hair problem - men?

Men's Beauty & Grooming Forum

Topic author Great Britain
andrew_o_1992
Posts: 27
Joined: 25 January 2020
Has thanked: 1 time
Contact:
Status: Offline

Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:17 pm

What can be done? I have this problem where my hair is always flat and greasy. It means that I have to shower twice a day which is so time consuming. I use the matrix brand shampoo and conditioner.
No idea what's going on, or how to fix it.
How do I stop it from getting greasy so quick?


The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

Great Britain
Shaun Pierce
Posts: 45
Joined: 25 January 2020
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:08 am

do you shampoo twice when you wash your hair? Try shampooing it 2-3 times. Rub straight into the scalp in circular motions.
Change your shampoo and conditioner and even skip conditioner entirely.



Topic author Great Britain
andrew_o_1992
Posts: 27
Joined: 25 January 2020
Has thanked: 1 time
Contact:
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:54 pm

Shaun Pierce wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:08 am
do you shampoo twice when you wash your hair? Try shampooing it 2-3 times. Rub straight into the scalp in circular motions.
Change your shampoo and conditioner and even skip conditioner entirely.
Alright - I'll try washing my hair twice with the Matrix shampoo and see if it makes any difference.

I disagree with ignoring conditioner. In the past when I've left out conditioner my hair was terribly damaged and brittle.



Great Britain
Shaun Pierce
Posts: 45
Joined: 25 January 2020
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times
Status: Offline

Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:43 am

andrew_o_1992 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:54 pm
Shaun Pierce wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:08 am
do you shampoo twice when you wash your hair? Try shampooing it 2-3 times. Rub straight into the scalp in circular motions.
Change your shampoo and conditioner and even skip conditioner entirely.
Alright - I'll try washing my hair twice with the Matrix shampoo and see if it makes any difference.

I disagree with ignoring conditioner. In the past when I've left out conditioner my hair was terribly damaged and brittle.
Trial and error it. See how you go.

I'd buy completely new shampoo and conditioner if I were you.


User avatar

Great Britain
HaileyHall
Posts: 120
Joined: 12 March 2019
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 24 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:46 pm

Sounds like you have some serious product buildup with conditioner/gel/hairspray/wax if you use any greasy hair care or styling products at all?

Your best option is to get a clarifying shampoo - designed to remove buildup...

i think everyone should wash with a quality clarifying shampoo, at least every few weeks, that'll keep gradual buildup at bay.



United States of America
Sera Beauty
Posts: 33
Joined: 14 February 2020
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:32 pm

Oh boy, oily hair and skin is the story of my life.



Topic author Great Britain
andrew_o_1992
Posts: 27
Joined: 25 January 2020
Has thanked: 1 time
Contact:
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:20 pm

HaileyHall wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:46 pm
Sounds like you have some serious product buildup with conditioner/gel/hairspray/wax if you use any greasy hair care or styling products at all?

Your best option is to get a clarifying shampoo - designed to remove buildup...

i think everyone should wash with a quality clarifying shampoo, at least every few weeks, that'll keep gradual buildup at bay.
What stores sell clarifying shampoos? never heard of them in my life.



Topic author Great Britain
andrew_o_1992
Posts: 27
Joined: 25 January 2020
Has thanked: 1 time
Contact:
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:22 pm

Sera Beauty wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:32 pm
Oh boy, oily hair and skin is the story of my life.
And mine. :o


User avatar

United States of America
itzel753
Posts: 36
Joined: 15 October 2019
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Status: Offline

Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:49 am

HaileyHall wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:46 pm
Sounds like you have some serious product buildup with conditioner/gel/hairspray/wax if you use any greasy hair care or styling products at all?

Your best option is to get a clarifying shampoo - designed to remove buildup...

i think everyone should wash with a quality clarifying shampoo, at least every few weeks, that'll keep gradual buildup at bay.
Thanks.
I'll keep this in mind for myself too! :)


Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic