Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Login to post your products and services

Skin issue: Seeking professional treatment

Women's Beauty & Grooming Forum

Topic author Great Britain
Edith_m_73

Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:35 pm

Hello

I cannot say I was wise when I was younger! Every summer I would bake in the sun for hours which consequently has given me numerous sunspots all over the face and body. While looking in the mirror the other night it occurred to me that I'd seem much younger if all the sunspots were removed from my skin!

From reading I've found a number of professional treatments exist: Intense pulse light (IPL), cryotherapy, microneedling, microdermabrasion and laser resurfacing.

Which skin treatment provides the best results? What have been your experiences?

Thank you

Edith

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

Great Britain
HaileyHall

Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:36 pm

Edith_m_73 wrote:
Hello

I cannot say I was wise when I was younger! Every summer I would bake in the sun for hours which consequently has given me numerous sunspots all over the face and body. While looking in the mirror the other night it occurred to me that I'd seem much younger if all the sunspots were removed from my skin!

From reading I've found a number of professional treatments exist: Intense pulse light (IPL), cryotherapy, microneedling, microdermabrasion and laser resurfacing.

Which skin treatment provides the best results? What have been your experiences?

Thank you

Edith

Have you had you skin spots checked for cancerous growths? I think that's a priority if you haven't done that already.

Hydroquinone is very effective for lightening skin spots. BUT you have to be careful where you buy it from. I remember reading something a couple years back about hydroquinone products contaminated with mercury. Also hydroquinone is one product you shouldn't use long-term

There;s some info here about that

Chronic adverse events related to exposure to hydroquinone are of greater concern. These complications include ochronosis, nail discoloration, conjunctival melanosis, and corneal degeneration. Ochronosis is the most common chronic complication related to long-term use of hydroquinone
https://www.mdedge.com/dermatology/arti ... troversies

I recommend you see a dermatologist who will give you the best advice.

Hailey !eyeshadow2

Topic author Great Britain
Edith_m_73

Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:06 pm

HaileyHall wrote:
Edith_m_73 wrote:
Hello

Thank you

Edith

Have you had you skin spots checked for cancerous growths? I think that's a priority if you haven't done that already.

Hydroquinone is very effective for lightening skin spots. BUT you have to be careful where you buy it from. I remember reading something a couple years back about hydroquinone products contaminated with mercury. Also hydroquinone is one product you shouldn't use long-term

Chronic adverse events related to exposure to hydroquinone are of greater concern. These complications include ochronosis, nail discoloration, conjunctival melanosis, and corneal degeneration. Ochronosis is the most common chronic complication related to long-term use of hydroquinone

I've had many skin screenings, due for one shortly.

Hydroquinone puzzles me with the sheer number of mixed reviews, research and experiences on the internet! Mercury eek! All I know is that the FDA did ban hydroquinone over 2% from over-the-counter sales without a prescription because there were some cancer related concerns. Which is why I'm deciding between Intense pulse light (IPL), cryotherapy, microneedling, microdermabrasion and laser resurfacing.

I do hope to find the safest (and most effective) solution!!

Great Britain
HaileyHall

Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:10 pm

Edith_m_73 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:06 pm
HaileyHall wrote:
Edith_m_73 wrote:
Hello

Thank you

Edith

I've had many skin screenings, due for one shortly.

Hydroquinone puzzles me with the sheer number of mixed reviews, research and experiences on the internet! Mercury eek! All I know is that the FDA did ban hydroquinone over 2% from over-the-counter sales without a prescription because there were some cancer related concerns. Which is why I'm deciding between Intense pulse light (IPL), cryotherapy, microneedling, microdermabrasion and laser resurfacing.

I do hope to find the safest (and most effective) solution!!
You don’t know.....! I bet there were people abusing the product (disregarding instructions) all hoping for faster results. No, never do that.

Hailey !eyeshadow2

Australia
muajamie

Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:04 pm

Go to a pro!! and have some microneedling first. I think it's the least invasive method out there. Chances are you won't need a numbing cream with a place that has the dermapen 4

See how you go. This pic is from Nicola Quinn beauty and day spa

Jamie
Jamie
Jamie
Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic