Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Need your opinion!!

Women's Beauty & Grooming Forum

Topic author United States of America
Allegra2458

Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:28 pm

Hey)
My friend lives in Russia and sells cosmetics, perfumes and clothes of American brands. And that’s what is strange to me - the price is very low.
E.g:
Too faced chocolate bar 28$
Tom Ford nude dip 60$
Anastasia Sultry/Soft glam/Modern 35$
Tom Ford Oud Wood/ tobacco Vanille 100$
Marc Jacobs Snapshot 200$

It’s 100% not fake!!!
Also, I think, the delivery price and % of resale. So the real price is even lower.
The question is - where does she get it? Maybe you know some sites with such low prices in US? What do you think? Brands only American.

P.s sorry for my language, I don’t speak English))))

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

United States of America
ShantelNordlund
Eye Colour: S

Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:26 am

Are you sure is it 100% genuine? Can you share the brand names? I don't believe these cheap and fake products.

United States of America
AmandaBlake
Eye Colour: R
Hair Colour: F

Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:43 pm

Hey Allegra,

Nowadays more and more fake cosmetics appear on the online market and is a huge battle between luxury cosmetic industry, which has a value of over $17 billion, so no wonder why many fake branded cosmetics are sold mostly through the online market.

About counterfeit products

Unfortunately, counterfeit products ranging from skincare to makeup, are not uncommon. They’re often made in unsanitary environments and they may be contaminated with high levels of bacteria, feces, urine, and even dangerous chemicals including arsenic,” says Shari Marchbein, M.D., a board-certified dermatologist and assistant clinical professor at New York University.

Also, your friend might as well have a licit business with some cosmetics company and she could do what is called drop ship , this means that she has a legal contract with some of the brands and they sell many products at once for a lower price to her, but this thing is achievable when the seller has a strong trusted site, for example and requires some years of experience, no official site would make an affiliate with an untrusted person/ site.

Piece of advice

What you can do is to buy one of her products, maybe not the most expensive one, or ask her to send you some really close pics of the ingredients, labels, product itself. This is what you need to check:
  • compare your package to pictures of the official product’s packaging online
  • unmarked packaging, misspellings or differences in the brand’s logo are all major red flags that you purchased a fake, according to Consumer Reports
  • if it has a strange texture or smell, or if you notice any visible contamination

Your story on the problem of counterfeit make-up might be just another example of an industry plagued by fake products and lost sales to illicit trade, is a shame we are at this point, and my main advice is to make sure you always buy products from the official sites.

Take care of your skin,
Amanda !heart

Personal Beauty Blogger: Women's Concepts !mirror !Lipstick3 !heart

Germany
lexiglossyxo

Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:37 pm

AmandaBlake wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:43 pm
Hey Allegra,

Nowadays more and more fake cosmetics appear on the online market and is a huge battle between luxury cosmetic industry, which has a value of over $17 billion, so no wonder why many fake branded cosmetics are sold mostly through the online market.

About counterfeit products

Unfortunately, counterfeit products ranging from skincare to makeup, are not uncommon. They’re often made in unsanitary environments and they may be contaminated with high levels of bacteria, feces, urine, and even dangerous chemicals including arsenic,” says Shari Marchbein, M.D., a board-certified dermatologist and assistant clinical professor at New York University.

Also, your friend might as well have a licit business with some cosmetics company and she could do what is called drop ship , this means that she has a legal contract with some of the brands and they sell many products at once for a lower price to her, but this thing is achievable when the seller has a strong trusted site, for example and requires some years of experience, no official site would make an affiliate with an untrusted person/ site.

Piece of advice

What you can do is to buy one of her products, maybe not the most expensive one, or ask her to send you some really close pics of the ingredients, labels, product itself. This is what you need to check:
  • compare your package to pictures of the official product’s packaging online
  • unmarked packaging, misspellings or differences in the brand’s logo are all major red flags that you purchased a fake, according to Consumer Reports
  • if it has a strange texture or smell, or if you notice any visible contamination

Your story on the problem of counterfeit make-up might be just another example of an industry plagued by fake products and lost sales to illicit trade, is a shame we are at this point, and my main advice is to make sure you always buy products from the official sites.

Take care of your skin,
Amanda !heart
I agree with AmandaBlake here. She may even have a deal with the supplier to buy more units at a lower price per item. It's called economies of scale.

LEXI <3

United States of America
miajane
Eye Colour: D
Hair Colour: B

Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:17 pm

Allegra2458 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:28 pm
Hey)
My friend lives in Russia and sells cosmetics, perfumes and clothes of American brands. And that’s what is strange to me - the price is very low.
E.g:
Too faced chocolate bar 28$
Tom Ford nude dip 60$
Anastasia Sultry/Soft glam/Modern 35$
Tom Ford Oud Wood/ tobacco Vanille 100$
Marc Jacobs Snapshot 200$

It’s 100% not fake!!!
Also, I think, the delivery price and % of resale. So the real price is even lower.
The question is - where does she get it? Maybe you know some sites with such low prices in US? What do you think? Brands only American.

P.s sorry for my language, I don’t speak English))))
it's hard to know without having a close look at the palettes. !shocked maybe she has deals with the companies

-
MiaMia

India
priyasahani

Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:54 pm

It's really tough to tell with this information. I do use an Indian brand in India itself for much affordable named Clamy Cosmetics.

Cosmetic Rumours
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic