Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Do you leave your pet in dark?

Pet Talk Forum

Topic author United States of America
ShantelNordlund
Eye Colour: S

Sat May 25, 2019 3:37 am

Hi Everyone!

I don't have any experience of raising a pet, but a few days ago, on the demand of my 4 years old son, we got a bulldog. I have a habit to turn off all light at night but I just found this article https://ourfitpets.com/behavior/should- ... -the-dark/. According to this article, we shouldn't leave our pet in the dark. If you agree with then what kind of lights should I turn on? Night bulbs or what's else.

However, I also want to tell you that I didn't find him afraid at night and usually he sleeps in our presence and then later, I turn off the lights. Please share your personal experience and suggestions with me.

Waiting for your response.

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

United States of America
influx

Sat May 25, 2019 1:03 pm

What a cute pic! :)

I've never had to leave a light on for my dog. She's a happy pup but bothered by storms. If your dog doesn't show signs of being afraid I wouldn't worry about a night light.

It's different for my cats though. They need to use a litter tray so the spare room with their tray has a one of those lights with a sensor that comes on at night.

Topic author United States of America
ShantelNordlund
Eye Colour: S

Sat May 25, 2019 10:35 pm

influx wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 1:03 pm
What a cute pic! :)

I've never had to leave a light on for my dog. She's a happy pup but bothered by storms. If your dog doesn't show signs of being afraid I wouldn't worry about a night light.

It's different for my cats though. They need to use a litter tray so the spare room with their tray has a one of those lights with a sensor that comes on at night.
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I think lights with sensors could be a good idea.

Australia
toones

Sun May 26, 2019 10:53 am

ShantelNordlund wrote:
Hi Everyone!

I don't have any experience of raising a pet, but a few days ago, on the demand of my 4 years old son, we got a bulldog. I have a habit to turn off all light at night but I just found this article https://ourfitpets.com/behavior/should- ... -the-dark/. According to this article, we shouldn't leave our pet in the dark. If you agree with then what kind of lights should I turn on? Night bulbs or what's else.

However, I also want to tell you that I didn't find him afraid at night and usually he sleeps in our presence and then later, I turn off the lights. Please share your personal experience and suggestions with me.

There have been times where I've had to stay up until 2AM for work reasons at the table and my dog rolls over and groans that the light has been left on. I've checked my texts in bed during the wee hours of the morning to hear him groan from my phone light.

Too much brightness keeps them awake I think they're sensitive and prefer to not be stimulated too much.

Japan
AyumiYamomoto

Sun May 26, 2019 6:32 pm

ShantelNordlund wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Hello! (* ^ ω ^)

I would not leave pet in pitch darkness. It best to have a small light somewhere. It will stop feeling alone at night and uncomfortable. You might not be home one night and dog is scared. Led concepts have this one.

Great Britain
mrbean

Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:32 pm

no i tell them everything

Cosmetic Rumours
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic