Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Login to post your products and services

Best way to keep in contact with loved ones

Computer Forum

Topic author Great Britain
Edith_m_73

Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:05 pm

Hi

Recent changes to my employment mean that I'm constantly travelling on exciting jaunts for projects.
It's truly enthralling to work abroad and immerse myself in my dream career whereas my husband, who I'm missing dearly! is in Manchester in a less flexible field. Situationally this has been lonely.

We've been searching for an app that can help us communicate while I'm away that's friendly and easy to use. We both are very private people having communicated via a free app until its crashing of late. What would you suggest as a communication tool for us? Preferably one that doesn't use too much data!

I hope to read your answers.

Edith

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

United States of America
datsgucci

Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:50 pm

Edith_m_73 wrote:
Hi

Recent changes to my employment mean that I'm constantly travelling on exciting jaunts for projects.
It's truly enthralling to work abroad and immerse myself in my dream career whereas my husband, who I'm missing dearly! is in Manchester in a less flexible field. Situationally this has been lonely.

We've been searching for an app that can help us communicate while I'm away that's friendly and easy to use. We both are very private people having communicated via a free app until its crashing of late. What would you suggest as a communication tool for us? Preferably one that doesn't use too much data!

Edith
Hi Edith,

I've been frequently using Skype for years to message people, even before I had a computer with a webcam. You can easily install Skype and remained signed in on computer and mobile devices so messages and calls can be received - that's what I do. It's private in the sense that you can't write on a person's wall or publicly announce approval with likes as in with FB. Perfect for complete privacy.

India
Rishabh_Khatri

Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:51 pm

Hello.
Skype most certainly is the most popular of them. Also viber and kakaotalk. For Facetime yourself and husband must possess Apple devices to use so I recommend a different application.

Edith_m_73

Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:47 pm

datsgucci wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:50 pm
Edith_m_73 wrote:
Hi

Edith
Hi Edith,

I've been frequently using Skype for years to message people, even before I had a computer with a webcam. You can easily install Skype and remained signed in on computer and mobile devices so messages and calls can be received - that's what I do. It's private in the sense that you can't write on a person's wall or publicly announce approval with likes as in with FB. Perfect for complete privacy.
Yes, it's important for me to be able to message via computer as well (in the circumstance that my mobile battery is flat!). Some of these apps don't have a computer version which I admit is difficult. Sharing travel photos from my DSLR with my husband is not easy as it is, without the extra step of sending it my phone first! I'll suggest Skype to my husband.

Edith_m_73

Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:57 pm

Rishabh_Khatri wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:51 pm
Hello.
Skype most certainly is the most popular of them. Also viber and kakaotalk. For Facetime yourself and husband must possess Apple devices to use so I recommend a different application.
Yes! You've raised a point. My husband has both Windows and Apple computers at home. Furthermore he recently switched to an Android phone whereas I have both an Apple computer and iPhone. Facetime isn't an option nor is iMessage as such. Thank you for your suggestions.

Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic