Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Kindle vs Kobo vs iPad vs Nook - ereaders

Tablet & eReader Forum

Topic author Australia
NewEclipse9

Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:38 pm

Hey everyone

I have no experience with owning ereaders. I'm mainly searching to buy an ereader because I board cheap domestic Jetstar flights. They're a good value airline but strict on the baggage weights.

I thought that iPads would be a good idea however there are notifications and other distractions kicking around the screen and taking away from the story.

So far I like the look and feel of the Kindle. What are your experiences with these devices?

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

Australia
atlas2111

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:39 am

My choice is the Kindle paper white with the backlight. It’s a popular ereader with regular ongoing updates & a large selection of books.

iPads are too heavy to hold for long periods of time while reading and the battery life isn’t as travel friendly as it could be.

Canada
AlexMakeup
Eye Colour: A
Hair Colour: A

Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:00 pm

You can always turn off iPad notifications in settings. I'd buy an iPad becuase it doubles as a tablet... which will weigh less than carrying a separate tablet, ereader and laptop computer.

to and beyond

⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵

Topic author Australia
NewEclipse9

Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:09 pm

atlas2111 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:39 am
My choice is the Kindle paper white with the backlight. It’s a popular ereader with regular ongoing updates & a large selection of books.

iPads are too heavy to hold for long periods of time while reading and the battery life isn’t as travel friendly as it could be.

Have you ever fallen asleep while using an ipad and had it hit your face?

oh the pain

Topic author Australia
NewEclipse9

Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:24 pm

AlexMakeup wrote:
You can always turn off iPad notifications in settings. I'd buy an iPad becuase it doubles as a tablet... which will weigh less than carrying a separate tablet, ereader and laptop computer.
Thanks dude. I've taken time to think it over. My last ipad broke.
Tbh my mind's now set on the Kindle paperwhite because it's solely dedicated to books. I tried the paperwhite in store and am shocked by how simple the interface really is. Exactly what I'm after.

Now I have to decide whether to buy the 8 or 32GB. 8GB doesn't sounds like much memory at all.

Canada
AlexMakeup
Eye Colour: A
Hair Colour: A

Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:45 pm

NewEclipse9 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:24 pm
AlexMakeup wrote:
Thanks dude. I've taken time to think it over. My last ipad broke.
Tbh my mind's now set on the Kindle paperwhite because it's solely dedicated to books. I tried the paperwhite in store and am shocked by how simple the interface really is. Exactly what I'm after.

Now I have to decide whether to buy the 8 or 32GB. 8GB doesn't sounds like much memory at all.
Go for 32GB. Nothing worse than buying a unit with not enough memory.

to and beyond

⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵
Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic