Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Dental implants

Health Forum

Topic author Canada
taniarfowler

Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:11 pm

Just wondering if anyone has gone through the process of dental implants... I had a fall and, knocked my front crowns and bridge out.
These cannot be replaced.
At the moment I have a denture to replace the missing teeth. I consulted a dentist in Burlington and, he suggested dental implants.
Does anyone have experience of implants and are they worth the cost?

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

Australia
Platinumxx

Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:46 pm

taniarfowler wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has gone through the process of dental implants... I had a fall and, knocked my front crowns and bridge out.
At the moment I have a denture to replace the missing teeth. I consulted a dentist in Burlington and, he suggested dental implants.
For me they are worth the cost, wasn't happy wearing removable dentures. I found my dentures dislodged when I was eating and felt self-conscious wearing them. With dentures I found it difficult to speak and was having temporal mandibular joint pain. The implant is made from titanium that behaves like a tooth root. Usually under a local anesthetic, the implant is inserted into the bone socket and jaw. Once the implant is fused to the jawbone a replacement tooth is attached that won’t come loose. It feels and looks more natural and there is less maintenance compared to dentures. Implants protects the jawbone from further deterioration. Hope this helps.

Platinum

United States of America
datsgucci

Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:01 am

taniarfowler wrote:
Dental implants are a better solution because they're permanent and allow greater freedom of food choice than dentures (sticky, hard and seeded foods). Dental implants can (typically) cost anywhere between $1,500 to $6,000 each. Where you're located has an effect on the cost of dental implants. So does the dentist's level of experience and the materials used for the implant.

The cost is divided into the:

- Implant ($1000 - $3000)
- Abutment and crown ($500 to $3000)

There would also be consultation fees with xrays and an impression of your mouth.

I did some research and found that Atlantic Dental Group in Los Angeles offers more affordable dental procedures. You may be interested in this.

https://www.atlanticdentalgrp.com/cost- ... -implants/

https://www.atlanticdentalgrp.com/our-dentists/

Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic