Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

eyelid surgery?

Health Forum

Topic author Canada
taniarfowler

Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:46 pm

Hi,
I am new to the forum. I wish to get eyelid surgery to improve the look of loose skin and bags under my eyes. This will help me get more defined upper lid areas so that I can wear eyelid makeup more effectively.
I am planning to get the eyelid surgery from a private clinic in Mississauga, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/surgical-p ... d-surgery/. I have heard that local anesthesia will be given during the procedure. But I wish to know if this procedure has any downside to it? And how soon will I be able to recover?
Waiting for your reply. Thanks.

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

United States of America
datsgucci

Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:17 pm

taniarfowler wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:46 pm
Hi,
I am new to the forum. I wish to get eyelid surgery to improve the look of loose skin and bags under my eyes. This will help me get more defined upper lid areas so that I can wear eyelid makeup more effectively.
I am planning to get the eyelid surgery from a private clinic in Mississauga, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/surgical-p ... d-surgery/. I have heard that local anesthesia will be given during the procedure. But I wish to know if this procedure has any downside to it? And how soon will I be able to recover?
Waiting for your reply. Thanks.
Hi,

As with any surgical procedure there are risks, the most common being postoperative infections. Wearing clean clothes, sleeping in clean sheets, temporarily avoiding close contact with pets and washing your body with a suitable antibacterial soap all help to minimize the risk of an infection. If you're planning on traveling for the procedure and residing in a hotel, be sure to bring disinfectant to clean the bathroom and other surfaces of the accommodation before the surgery. You simply cannot rely on busy cleaners for error-free hygiene. It's also important to be aware of the early signs of an infection should it occur.

Other than infections there can be other risks/complications such as bleeding, irritation, scarring, injury, reactions to anesthetic, corneal surface issues, eyelid problems etc...Then there are always the more serious and rarer complications. Your surgeon should inform you of all the risks/complications - and benefits equally.

Recovery times for eyelid surgery is said to take between 7 - 10 days. In my experience with procedures, you should always allow longer than the expected recovery duration as everybody recovers differently. Try and minimize the postoperative swelling - this article might help.

It's important to rest in this time and to always follow the instructions provided to you by your surgeon.

Research and visit multiple experienced surgeons, ask plenty of questions and see others' experiences with them.

Having a supportive friend or partner to help you navigate to/from the procedure and to buy food/supplies will assist you.

Wising you all the best.

Take care.

Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic