Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Capsule Hotels in Japan - Interesting Accommodation

Destinations Forum

Topic author France
technom

Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:28 pm

In Japan there are capsule hotels, inexpensive places for people to sleep with wifi and a tv. Cheap and basic, it's a brilliant idea for the money smart traveler.

I've always disliked typical hotels. They're too expensive for a room or two that's only used for sleeping and showering. Even then accommodation with personal showers is more expensive.

Apparently they're popular among Japanese businessmen, a place to sleep when they're tired and traveling. The first capsule hotel in the world was opened in Osaka, japan, in the seventies.

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

Australia
BeccaKurtis

Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:27 am

This is so cool. I have to try this! Japan is miles ahead of Australia with everything. :)

--------
Just Becca !concealer !foundation !facep

Australia
bungalow

Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:00 pm

BeccaKurtis wrote:
This is so cool. I have to try this! Japan is miles ahead of Australia with everything. :)
There are capsule hotels in Sydney, I've seen them. They're not like the Japanese capsules, some almost as expensive as sleeping in an actual hotel. Paying for the novelty while defeating the purpose. Cheap, quick overnight place to crash.

Topic author France
technom

Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:55 pm

bungalow wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:00 pm
BeccaKurtis wrote:
There are capsule hotels in Sydney, I've seen them. They're not like the Japanese capsules, some almost as expensive as sleeping in an actual hotel. Paying for the novelty while defeating the purpose. Cheap, quick overnight place to crash.
List of them here $20 - $30 US per night
https://www.hostelworld.com/blog/stay-i ... -in-japan/

Australia
muajamie

Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:06 pm

I love Japan! I stayed at the 4 star Park Hotel in Tokyo. Best customer service.

Topic author France
technom

Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:32 pm

muajamie wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:06 pm
I love Japan! I stayed at the 4 star Park Hotel in Tokyo. Best customer service.

Thanks I'll have to remember the name

Cosmetic Rumours
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic