Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Best split system air conditioner?

Interiors & Accessories Forum
User avatar

Topic author Australia
muajamie
Posts: 91
Joined: 04 February 2019
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:28 pm

Hi

I need a new split system air conditioner to cool my lounge room 4 x 3.5 m. There are lots of different brands out there like Fujitsu, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Daikin, Samsung, LG... and so on. What brand is the most reliable or would last the longest?


The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart
User avatar

Australia
atlas2111
Posts: 63
Joined: 15 June 2019
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 5 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:18 pm

Canstar rates Mitsubish Heavy Industries as the best all-round air conditioners out there - but that's for heavy industries. The diagram shows that Kelvinator and Mitsubish Electric are next best options.

I can only speak for Mitsubishi because that's what I've used at work. It's really good. Cools the place down really quickly and it's easy to use.

You room size is 4 x 3.5m = 14m2 so you need at least a 2.8KW air conditioner.



Air Conditioner Reviews & Ratings

Image



What Air Conditioner size do you need?

Image


User avatar

Topic author Australia
muajamie
Posts: 91
Joined: 04 February 2019
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:21 pm

Wow thanks so much! Can I still opt for a 4.2KW air conditioner? Would it be better for heating and cooling?


User avatar

United States of America
influx
Posts: 63
Joined: 19 April 2019
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 11 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:06 am

I have Daikin air conditioning. The system is only 5 years old and no problems so far.


User avatar

Topic author Australia
muajamie
Posts: 91
Joined: 04 February 2019
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:05 pm

influx wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:06 am
I have Daikin air conditioning. The system is only 5 years old and no problems so far.
I have been exploring the Daikin range. I do like their 5 year warranty and their after sales support. Mitsubishi Electric is similar in that regard. Now I have to decide on the KW that I need for the room size - the KW for heating capacity and cooling capacity.


User avatar

Australia
seven8nine
Posts: 41
Joined: 24 July 2019
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:06 pm

muajamie wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:21 pm
Wow thanks so much! Can I still opt for a 4.2KW air conditioner? Would it be better for heating and cooling?
Butting in here.

If I were you I would pick a 4.2KW system and adjust the settings to use less power if you need too. You've always got the extra power there if you need it.


Image
User avatar

Topic author Australia
muajamie
Posts: 91
Joined: 04 February 2019
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:51 pm

seven8nine wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:06 pm
muajamie wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:21 pm
Wow thanks so much! Can I still opt for a 4.2KW air conditioner? Would it be better for heating and cooling?
Butting in here.

If I were you I would pick a 4.2KW system and adjust the settings to use less power if you need too. You've always got the extra power there if you need it.

I've googled and chatted with sales people and decided that this unit fits my needs,

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries C3.5kW H4.0kW Reverse Cycle Split System

https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/mitsubis ... dxk12zsa-w

Thanks everyone! !heart


User avatar

Australia
seven8nine
Posts: 41
Joined: 24 July 2019
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:04 am

muajamie wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:51 pm
seven8nine wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:06 pm
muajamie wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:21 pm
Wow thanks so much! Can I still opt for a 4.2KW air conditioner? Would it be better for heating and cooling?
Butting in here.

If I were you I would pick a 4.2KW system and adjust the settings to use less power if you need too. You've always got the extra power there if you need it.

I've googled and chatted with sales people and decided that this unit fits my needs,

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries C3.5kW H4.0kW Reverse Cycle Split System

https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/mitsubis ... dxk12zsa-w

Thanks everyone! !heart
That one there is a neat system. :)


Image
User avatar

Topic author Australia
muajamie
Posts: 91
Joined: 04 February 2019
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:06 pm

seven8nine wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:04 am
muajamie wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:51 pm
seven8nine wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:06 pm
muajamie wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:21 pm
Wow thanks so much! Can I still opt for a 4.2KW air conditioner? Would it be better for heating and cooling?
Butting in here.

If I were you I would pick a 4.2KW system and adjust the settings to use less power if you need too. You've always got the extra power there if you need it.

I've googled and chatted with sales people and decided that this unit fits my needs,

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries C3.5kW H4.0kW Reverse Cycle Split System

https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/mitsubis ... dxk12zsa-w

Thanks everyone! !heart
That one there is a neat system. :)
Yes I hope it lasts the test of time! :)


Cosmetic Rumours
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic