Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

How to Transform Bathroom Look?

Interiors & Accessories Forum

Topic author United States of America
ShantelNordlund
Eye Colour: S

Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:28 pm

Yes, you guessed my point. For sure, I am going to transform the look of the bathroom because it is looking messy and dark nowadays. First of all, I am going to replace the bathroom mirror because it is unclear and has so many water spots on it. This time, I am also adding some instantly installed titles around the mirror to get a unique look like the picture below:

In addition, I am willing to use a granite looking paper for countertop instead of installing a granite countertop. I never installed such kind of papers; that's why I have no idea how they will look and what would be their pros and cons. So, if you have used them, then share your views with me.

Though my toilet looks clean but I am not much happy with its flushing system. That's why I am planning to install a new toilet, and in this regard, I am watching the reviews of the best ones from here https://toiletreviewer.com/best-toilets/. However, I am confused between a variety of options and designs. It would be great if you share some ideas on the basis of your experience.

Similarly, I also want to change the look of the flooring. What kind of ideas you have? Do you want I should install new titles or should try to focus on cleaning the existing ones? I also noticed many home DIY videos using to paint the tile floors of bathrooms. Do you think this strategy works?

Waiting for your responses!

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

Australia
Platinumxx

Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:20 pm

ShantelNordlund wrote:
Yes, you guessed my point. For sure, I am going to transform the look of the bathroom because it is looking messy and dark nowadays. First of all, I am going to replace the bathroom mirror because it is unclear and has so many water spots on it. This time, I am also adding some instantly installed titles around the mirror to get a unique look like the picture below:

In addition, I am willing to use a granite looking paper for countertop instead of installing a granite countertop. I never installed such kind of papers; that's why I have no idea how they will look and what would be their pros and cons. So, if you have used them, then share your views with me.

Though my toilet looks clean but I am not much happy with its flushing system. That's why I am planning to install a new toilet, and in this regard, I am watching the reviews of the best ones from here https://toiletreviewer.com/best-toilets/. However, I am confused between a variety of options and designs. It would be great if you share some ideas on the basis of your experience.

Similarly, I also want to change the look of the flooring. What kind of ideas you have? Do you want I should install new titles or should try to focus on cleaning the existing ones? I also noticed many home DIY videos using to paint the tile floors of bathrooms. Do you think this strategy works?

Will you be painting the walls? A light-coloured coat of paint will brighten things up a bit for you. Granite contact paper will give you an instant new temporary look. This can look very nice, but I don’t think it will last long. It is quite fiddly to apply, cutting around the corners can be difficult. Changing the toilet is quite costly and I would only do this if it’s necessary (broken etc) due to installation and product costs. New mirror, tiles and flooring are also costly. I wouldn’t purchase any expensive items unless I was going for a full new bathroom. This way you can address any waterproofing issues that may exist. Mixing new with the old will be much more difficult and time-consuming to match and install. Most bathroom businesses have display rooms to make it easier for the customer with various budgets. Coming from my experience, I was disappointed with my mini makeover and in the end decided to go for a full new bathroom. In the long run you will be much happier with all new. Would you consider 100% waterproof laminate flooring? Very easy to install, you should be able to lay this over your existing flooring. In Australia we have Quickstep https://www.quick-step.com.au/en-au - 100% waterproof laminate. Reece Australia have a 3D bathroom planner which may be of help to you. https://www.reece.com.au/
You probably have similar products in the US. I personally like a lot of white including tiles and cabinetry except for the flooring which I like slightly darker in the natural tones. The bathroom is less likely to out-date so quickly. With this combination you can use any coloured accessory. Light coloured flooring can show every little bit of fluff, dropped hair or hair product.
I hope this helps you. Good luck!

Platinum

United States of America
datsgucci

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:39 pm

ShantelNordlund wrote:

Hello Shantel, :)

I researched solutions for you. I hope this helps.

For your clutter concerns, consider installing new cabinetry and shelving designed for optimal maximization of space. For cosmetics, try dividers to compartmentalize your products.

Water spots on your mirror can indicate that your bathroom fan is failing to exhaust out sufficient moisture. You will need to address this before purchasing a new mirror to prevent experiencing the same issue again. You can purchase bathroom fans from Ferguson.

Granite laminate sheets are very difficult to apply and require precise cutting around the sink and tap fixture areas. As you also have clutter concerns, I strongly suggest purchasing newer and spacious cabinetry with a granite countertop. Visually this will produce a better result and add additional value to your bathroom.

Darkness in your bathroom can be caused by a combination of insufficient lighting and dark wall colors. I suggest purchasing light globes with a lower wattage and higher lumens for optimal energy efficiency and brightness (800 - 1000 lumens for an average sized bathroom). Light Bulb Wholesaler sell a large range of light bulbs. White walls would both lighten the appearance of your bathroom and create a modern theme.

Toilet flushing issues can be caused by the cistern outlet valve requiring replacing. You can purchase a new one from Fluidmaster .

If you choose to keep the tiles, do regrout them. Laticrete sell tile grout.

Australia
muajamie

Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:45 pm

How old is your bathroom? If it's 15+ years old I would redo it!

Australia
seven8nine

Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:56 pm

Renovating is a funny one. A new looking countertop and old tiles won't tie in together.

Just imagine old tiles in the following images with the new counters and mirrors.... !shocked

I'd change the floor and wall tiles and install a new basin and mirror. Install a new toilet while the tiles are being changed.

Topic author United States of America
ShantelNordlund
Eye Colour: S

Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:46 pm

Hello Shantel, :)

I researched solutions for you. I hope this helps.

For your clutter concerns, consider installing new cabinetry and shelving designed for optimal maximization of space. For cosmetics, try dividers to compartmentalize your products.

Water spots on your mirror can indicate that your bathroom fan is failing to exhaust out sufficient moisture. You will need to address this before purchasing a new mirror to prevent experiencing the same issue again. You can purchase bathroom fans from Ferguson.

Granite laminate sheets are very difficult to apply and require precise cutting around the sink and tap fixture areas. As you also have clutter concerns, I strongly suggest purchasing newer and spacious cabinetry with a granite countertop. Visually this will produce a better result and add additional value to your bathroom.

Darkness in your bathroom can be caused by a combination of insufficient lighting and dark wall colors. I suggest purchasing light globes with a lower wattage and higher lumens for optimal energy efficiency and brightness (800 - 1000 lumens for an average sized bathroom). Light Bulb Wholesaler sell a large range of light bulbs. White walls would both lighten the appearance of your bathroom and create a modern theme.

Toilet flushing issues can be caused by the cistern outlet valve requiring replacing. You can purchase a new one from Fluidmaster .

If you choose to keep the tiles, do regrout them. Laticrete sell tile grout.
Thanks for sharing a detailed response. (As usual :) ). Spacious cabinetry with a granite countertop sounds great as I have seen many online and they give a unique look to the bathrooms. Secondly, yes lighting matters a lot and I am also considering your suggestion. Actually, now, I want to make these changes one by one because in this way, it wouldn't hurt my budget.

Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic