Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Login to post your products and services

Largest Mobile Phone Battery In The World - Energizer PowerMax P18K Pop

Mobile Phones Forum

Topic author United States of America
datsgucci

Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:54 pm

Energizer have released a smartphone with the largest battery capacity in the world. With 18,000 mAh, it lasts approximately for 50 days on a singular charge. More specifically you can engage in "90 hours of calls, listen to 100 hours of music and watch around 2 days of video on a single charge."

Most smartphone batteries are approximately 2000 - 3000 mAh and older style candybar phones such as the Nokia 1110 have a battery capacity of around 850 mAh (approx standby time 17 days).

Compare the 90 hours of calls, 100 hours of music and 2 days of video to the < 12.5 hours battery duration offered by most standard phones in this graph.

The phones in the above graph were tested in the following ecologically valid manner:

Consumer Reports does something very different. It writes:

To find out how long a phone’s battery can go, Consumer Reports uses a robotic finger programmed to put the phone through a range of tasks designed to simulate a consumer’s average day.

The robot browses the internet, takes pictures, uses GPS navigation, and, of course, makes phone calls. For the sake of consistency, we run all smartphone battery tests with the display set to 100 percent brightness. But if you want to extend battery life on your phone, it’s useful to turn on the auto or adaptive brightness function, which independently adjusts the display to suit the lighting environment. (Emphasis added.)
From: https://www.extremetech.com/mobile/2800 ... amatically

Of course there are several other factors which increase battery charge depletion such as the screen size and whether WiFi, Bluetooth or Cellular data are in use.

What are your thoughts?

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

Australia
seven8nine

Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:11 am

Phones are all about being thinner and lighter which is cool, however I'd prefer if my phone was a tad thicker and has a longer battery life.

India
Rishabh_Khatri

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:35 pm

I would say the hand could be sore from the heavy weight caused by the battery. I believe there might be repetitive strain injury from such device

India
chandanlalit

Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:54 pm

The requirement of large battery for 100 hour music or activity is unnecessary when in rarest circumstances a person listen to 12 hours of music continuous then place phone on charge when sleep, therefore size beyond human capability.

Great Britain
HaileyHall

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:58 pm

Now THATS big O_O

Hailey !eyeshadow2

France
technom

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:45 am

It’s essentially a screen attached to a giant power bank.

datsgucci

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:54 pm

seven8nine wrote:
Phones are all about being thinner and lighter which is cool, however I'd prefer if my phone was a tad thicker and has a longer battery life.
I think a decent sized battery should last for 27 hours. I'll do an approximate calculation for an iPhone XR.

Based on the graph which shows that an iPhone XR can last for 12 hours and 25 minutes:

(60 x 12) + 25 = 745 minutes

^ This is the total battery duration of an iPhone XR in minutes based on the test results for average use. (approximation)

Divide the mAH by minutes to find mAh required for one minute of "average" phone usage.

2,942 / 745 = 3.92

3.92 mAh is required approximately for one minute of "average" use.

For an iPhone XR to have what I'd call a decent battery life of 27 hours, 3.92 (27 x 60) mAH would be required. This would be a 6447.6 mAh battery. A compromise in weight worth considering.

What's classed as "average" use from user to user varies as some people use programs such as games which require more processing power, depleting the battery faster.

Australia
seven8nine

Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:23 pm

datsgucci wrote:
seven8nine wrote:
I think a decent sized battery should last for 27 hours. I'll do an approximate calculation for an iPhone XR.

Based on the graph which shows that an iPhone XR can last for 12 hours and 25 minutes:

^ This is the total battery duration of an iPhone XR in minutes based on the test results for average use. (approximation)

Divide the mAH by minutes to find mAh required for one minute of "average" phone usage.

2,942 / 745 = 3.92

For an iPhone XR to have what I'd call a decent battery life of 27 hours, 3.92 (27 x 60) mAH would be required. This would be a 6447.6 mAh battery. A compromise in weight worth considering.

What's classed as "average" use from user to user varies as some people use programs such as games which require more processing power, depleting the battery faster.
Of course gaming chews through the power like crazy. If I game on a phone I either have it plugged into a power bank or plugged into adaptor. I'm completely willing to have a phone that weighs more for the 27 hour battery life. Even a 20 hour battery life is a remarkable improvement on 12 hours.

Based from your calcs a 20 hour battery is roughly 3.92x20x60 = 4,704mah

datsgucci

Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:33 pm

seven8nine wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:23 pm
datsgucci wrote:
seven8nine wrote:

2,942 / 745 = 3.92

Of course gaming chews through the power like crazy. If I game on a phone I either have it plugged into a power bank or plugged into adaptor. I'm completely willing to have a phone that weighs more for the 27 hour battery life. Even a 20 hour battery life is a remarkable improvement on 12 hours.

Based from your calcs a 20 hour battery is roughly 3.92x20x60 = 4,704mah

4000+ mAh batteries already exist on the market as seen with Samsung's Galaxy S10 Plus at 4,500 mAh.

Companies can circumnavigate larger battery sizes to an extent by increasing energy efficiency. This requires compromising processing speed, screen size and powerful cellular connectivity - changes consumers wouldn't be impressed with.

datsgucci

Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:37 pm

chandanlalit wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:54 pm
The requirement of large battery for 100 hour music or activity is unnecessary when in rarest circumstances a person listen to 12 hours of music continuous then place phone on charge when sleep, therefore size beyond human capability.
Nevertheless the phone is an interesting concept.

datsgucci

Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:44 pm

Rishabh_Khatri wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:35 pm
I would say the hand could be sore from the heavy weight caused by the battery. I believe there might be repetitive strain injury from such device
The device's weight is the ergonomic downfall.

Australia
toones

Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:54 pm

How would you type a message on it with two thumbs?

Love In Little Snow Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic