Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Login to post your products and services

Kids' Teeth Friendly Recipes for Christmas?

Food Forum

Topic author United States of America
ShantelNordlund
Eye Colour: S

Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:38 am

Greetings!

As a mother of preschool kid, I always prefer to make healthy food at home. However, as all of us, Christmas is coming and I am planning to bake all cakes, cookies and other food items at home. What do you think what kind of food ingredients I should use in this regard?

Secondly, I found this article https://pvpd.com/how-do-i-make-my-child ... her-teeth/ very helpful regarding the teeth-friendly diet (e.g sugary drinks, citrus food and candies) but I am also looking for recipes like sugar-free cake recipe etc. for this Christmas.

Moreover, it would be great if you will share fruit cake recipes where you use less sugar and make it without baking. Actually, I am willing to make these Christmas cakes and cookies in fewer duration and with the use of healthy ingredients.

Your suggestions about the dental care of 6-8 years old would also be appreciated. I am waiting for your serious suggestions.

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

United States of America
datsgucci

Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:12 am

ShantelNordlund wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:38 am
Greetings!

As a mother of preschool kid, I always prefer to make healthy food at home. However, as all of us, Christmas is coming and I am planning to bake all cakes, cookies and other food items at home. What do you think what kind of food ingredients I should use in this regard?

Secondly, I found this article https://pvpd.com/how-do-i-make-my-child ... her-teeth/ very helpful regarding the teeth-friendly diet (e.g sugary drinks, citrus food and candies) but I am also looking for recipes like sugar-free cake recipe etc. for this Christmas.

Moreover, it would be great if you will share fruit cake recipes where you use less sugar and make it without baking. Actually, I am willing to make these Christmas cakes and cookies in fewer duration and with the use of healthy ingredients.

Your suggestions about the dental care of 6-8 years old would also be appreciated. I am waiting for your serious suggestions.

I've had more plaque on my teeth eating wheat containing foods than I have eating sugary non-grain foods. A few sweet items over Christmas time shouldn't do any harm if teeth are brushed well and regularly. Regular dental checkups are important. Follow the dentist's instructions.

India
Arjun184

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:30 pm

Difficult it is to have a dessert with reduced sugar while remaining taste. The only method is to use a recipe and make adjustments yourself.

Food Network recipe for chocolate chip cookies asks '3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar' and '1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips, or chunks' You can always change quantity to 1/2 or 3/8 cup of sugar. Then use dark chocolate instead of normal cooking compound chocolate for healthier less sweet choice.

Food Network Chocolate Chip Recipe
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/foo ... e4-2011856

Ingredients

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter

3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar

3/4 cup sugar

2 large eggs

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips, or chunks

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon fine salt

Directions

Evenly position 2 racks in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. (on convection setting if you have it.) Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone sheets. (If you only have 1 baking sheet, let it cool completely between batches.)

Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave on medium power until melted. (Alternatively melt in a small saucepan.) Cool slightly. Whisk the sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.

Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon; take care not to over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips or chunks.

Scoop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared pans. Wet hands slightly and roll the dough into balls. Space the cookies about 2-inches apart on the pans. Bake, until golden, but still soft in the center, 12 to 16 minutes, depending on how chewy or crunchy you like your cookies. Transfer hot cookies with a spatula to a rack to cool. Serve.

Store cookies in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days.

United States of America
itzel753

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:56 pm

Hiya! This recipe is vegan but really healthy too. I hope you and your daughter like it as much as I do. Plus it's super quick and easy.

For the Bars

2 cups old fashioned oats (use certified GF oats if necessary)
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup peanuts, lightly crushed
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup

For the chocolate topping

1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, melted
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted (optional)

The preparation Instructions are on Healthy Happy Mama's website
https://happyhealthymama.com/4-ingredie ... -free.html

Her recipes are so good!

United States of America
miajane
Eye Colour: D
Hair Colour: B

Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:37 pm

IMO fruitcake is terrible for teeth

-
MiaMia

Pakistan
elixirhtcisb
Eye Colour: D

Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:02 pm

Yeah definitely it is the desire of every mother they give good and healthy food to thier kids for this they trying to cook in home or get from outsde ..

Canada
AlexMakeup
Eye Colour: A
Hair Colour: A

Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:20 am

Swap milk chocolate for dark chocolate

to and beyond

⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵
Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart