Global Network

Login or Register to join worldwide conversations.

Rhinoplasty VS non-surgical fillers - Nose Job

Women's Beauty & Grooming Forum

Topic author
Jordi_n_MUA

Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Hello,

I have a slight bump on the center of my nose bridge. It is not large but it still somehow draws unwanted visual attention as an imperfection in the center of my face.

In your experience, what are the pros and cons of Rhinoplasty VS non-surgical fillers? How long do they last?

Would you recommend it?

JORDI

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

France
Adalyn

Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:19 pm

Advantages and Disadvantages of Non-Surgical Nose Jobs

1. Non-surgical nose jobs are cheaper as a short-term TEMPORARY solution.

2. Non-surgical procedures using fillers do NOT always produce consistent results.
There are different volumes of fluid injected at each visit.
You may not have the same professional at each visit.
The chemical may not be injected into the EXACT same area of the nose each visit.

3. Non-surgical nose jobs CANNOT reduce the size of someone's nose.
If you have a big nose and a bump, you'll be left with a big nose.

4. No/little recovery time required
You can go to work after an injection.

Advantages and Disadvantages of Rhinoplasty

1. Costly
Hospital fees, surgeon fees, anesthetist fees... consultation fees, checkup fees...

2. Irreversible results
This could be an advantage if you like the nose job. It's permanent and stays. No filler appointments required. If not, you'll require another procedure.

3. Operation Risks
There are risks with every operation.

4. Recovery time
Your nose will look swollen for a while. Factor in time off work and lost wages.

A D A L Y N !foundation

I will not age. I will make sure of it.

France
Adalyn

Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:23 pm

I should've mentioned that a surgical procedure can change the physical shape of the nose. E.g. Make the nose bridge higher or lower.

A D A L Y N !foundation

I will not age. I will make sure of it.

Australia
BeccaKurtis

Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:39 pm

@adalyn has summed it up very well.

I can add that non-surgical nose jobs can be permanent or non-permanent.

Permanent -> Silikon-1000.
Non-permanent filler nose jobs last anywhere from 1-3 years.

I'd personally only recommend a non-surgical nose job for small shadow imperfections or for little indentations. I would not advise removing the appearance of a dorsal hump with a permanent filler. Permanent fillers are injected on either side of the dorsal hump and make the nose bigger overall. A surgical procedure should remove the dorsal hump, not add to the size.

--------
Just Becca !concealer !foundation !facep

Australia
Claire_MUA
Eye Colour: B
Hair Colour: B

Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:20 pm

I've had both surgical and non-surgical nose procedures. Go surgical and get it over with. But that said, do your research the surgeon first. Have more than one consultation.

Finland
WhatElsie
Eye Colour: P
Hair Colour: M

Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Nose Job over fillers any day. My friend received nose filler injections and her nose looked swollen and puffy as a finished result. She was devastated and had to wait a long time before it wore off. 2 years with a swollen-looking nose.

United States of America
addie

Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:40 pm

If you do decide on a rhinoplasty BE SURE the surgeon loves his art and is a cosmetic surgeon for THE RIGHT REASONS. A good surgeon ensures the nose in harmony with the rest of your facial proportions. A good surgeon warns patients of risks of what they can and can't do, to have realistic expectations. If the surgeon is all "yes" and doesn't inform you of the limitations be weary.
proportion.jpg

If the path be beautiful, let us not ask where it leads.
- Anatole France

Topic author
Jordi_n_MUA

Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 pm

Wow, I'm overwhelmed with how helpful all the answers are. Thanking all of those who took the time to reply.

Adalyn wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:19 pm
Advantages and Disadvantages of Non-Surgical Nose Jobs

1. Non-surgical nose jobs are cheaper as a short-term TEMPORARY solution.

2. Non-surgical procedures using fillers do NOT always produce consistent results.
There are different volumes of fluid injected at each visit.
You may not have the same professional at each visit.
The chemical may not be injected into the EXACT same area of the nose each visit.

3. Non-surgical nose jobs CANNOT reduce the size of someone's nose.
If you have a big nose and a bump, you'll be left with a big nose.

4. No/little recovery time required
You can go to work after an injection.

Advantages and Disadvantages of Rhinoplasty

1. Costly
Hospital fees, surgeon fees, anesthetist fees... consultation fees, checkup fees...

2. Irreversible results
This could be an advantage if you like the nose job. It's permanent and stays. No filler appointments required. If not, you'll require another procedure.

3. Operation Risks
There are risks with every operation.

4. Recovery time
Your nose will look swollen for a while. Factor in time off work and lost wages.
Thanks @Adalyn. You've made some especially good points that I didn't consider or even think of. The consistency of fillers is questionable. My nose will constantly be looking different, and that's something I don't want. I couldn't handle my nose looking different all the time and chances are people will notice.
Adalyn wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:23 pm
I should've mentioned that a surgical procedure can change the physical shape of the nose. E.g. Make the nose bridge higher or lower.
True. A big nose is a big nose with fillers but with the bump removed.
BeccaKurtis wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:39 pm
@adalyn has summed it up very well.

I can add that non-surgical nose jobs can be permanent or non-permanent.

Permanent -> Silikon-1000.
Non-permanent filler nose jobs last anywhere from 1-3 years.

I'd personally only recommend a non-surgical nose job for small shadow imperfections or for little indentations. I would not advise removing the appearance of a dorsal hump with a permanent filler. Permanent fillers are injected on either side of the dorsal hump and make the nose bigger overall. A surgical procedure should remove the dorsal hump, not add to the size.
I agree with you 100%. I never saw non-surgical fillers in this light until now... I'll probably be left with a biggish nose. It can be downsized for sure.
Claire_MUA wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:20 pm
I've had both surgical and non-surgical nose procedures. Go surgical and get it over with. But that said, do your research the surgeon first. Have more than one consultation.
YAASSS. Thank you for your response.
WhatElsie wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:15 pm
Nose Job over fillers any day. My friend received nose filler injections and her nose looked swollen and puffy as a finished result. She was devastated and had to wait a long time before it wore off. 2 years with a swollen-looking nose.
Eeek!
addie wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:40 pm
If you do decide on a rhinoplasty BE SURE the surgeon loves his art and is a cosmetic surgeon for THE RIGHT REASONS. A good surgeon ensures the nose in harmony with the rest of your facial proportions. A good surgeon warns patients of risks of what they can and can't do, to have realistic expectations. If the surgeon is all "yes" and doesn't inform you of the limitations be weary.
proportion.jpg
I'm pretty set on getting a nose job at the moment. The replies to my thread have very well confirmed it. I'll be taking images of my face and speaking to different surgeons. I want someone who cares and will take the time to do a decent rhinoplasty in alignment with my face. Now I'm confused on whether I should have a straight nose bridge or a ski slope.

Cosmetic Rumours
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic