Global Network

Login or Register to join worldwide conversations.

i7 or i5 processor for computer?

Computer Forum

Topic author Great Britain
Maxsy

Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:32 pm

I want a touch screen laptop computer (sorry Apple, you still don't have one) to watch YouTube in bed with the convenience of an on-screen keyboard. Should I get a touchscreen laptop with an i7 processor? I suppose the touchscreen would require extra processing power? I don't game or anything like that.

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

Canada
AlexMakeup
Eye Colour: A
Hair Colour: A

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:08 pm

Ikr, Apple probably want to sell iPads instead.

Yeah, if you're going for a touchscreen PC get i7. Even though the i5 Intel processors are powerful i7 delivers better CPU. The only downside is i7 costs more and uses more battery life because of increased performance however can always decrease the performance to conserve battery with the power mode setting on Windows 10.

Just check the generation number of i7 in case some sales person tries to rip you off. Lol they tried to do it to me. Didn't work.

to and beyond

⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵

United States of America
GuyShadow

Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:28 am

It's ridiculous. Where are touch screen Mac computers? they had the opportunity to lead the market, now Microsoft has it with their surface. Makes me laugh to think that I was an apple fan.. I'd choose an i7 processor, 8GB RAM and no less than 256 SSD. OS can occupy 30GB with ongoing updates. Plus you'll want apps installed with the MS app store

Australia
AllyMarshall

Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:38 pm

I'm no geek lmao but I do know that i7 is faster. :D My computer's i5 processor is fast enough for my simple needs.

Maxsy

Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:24 pm

AlexMakeup wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:08 pm
Ikr, Apple probably want to sell iPads instead.

Yeah, if you're going for a touchscreen PC get i7. Even though the i5 Intel processors are powerful i7 delivers better CPU. The only downside is i7 costs more and uses more battery life because of increased performance however can always decrease the performance to conserve battery with the power mode setting on Windows 10.

Just check the generation number of i7 in case some sales person tries to rip you off. Lol they tried to do it to me. Didn't work.
If I use the power mode it, would it behave like an i5? then, I should get i5 anyway and save money?

Maxsy

Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:28 pm

GuyShadow wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:28 am
It's ridiculous. Where are touch screen Mac computers? they had the opportunity to lead the market, now Microsoft has it with their surface. Makes me laugh to think that I was an apple fan.. I'd choose an i7 processor, 8GB RAM and no less than 256 SSD. OS can occupy 30GB with ongoing updates. Plus you'll want apps installed with the MS app store
Hmmm... that's true, I forgot that the operating system takes up room !shocked SSD is expensive why can't I buy the older style of hard ddisc

Australia
Hayyleyy

Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:17 am

In my experience, amd isn't that good/
Last edited by Hayyleyy on Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Be yourself.

Maxsy

Fri May 17, 2019 12:02 pm

Hayyleyy wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:17 am
In my experience, amd isn't that good/
I've never heard of them before this year.

United States of America
AccordionSync

Fri May 17, 2019 6:16 pm

For me, I use i7 simply because is higher spec than i5. But from what I understand (I could be wrong) but an i7 from seven years ago is simply not the same as an i7 now. So choose wisely and check the year of your computer.

Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic