Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Nespresso Question

Beverages Forum

Topic author Australia
FloralRainbow

Thu May 30, 2019 3:43 pm

After twenty years of having drip coffee, I'm thinking of buying a nespresso machine.

Does anyone know what it tastes like? Is it good?

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

United States of America
datsgucci

Thu May 30, 2019 5:05 pm

FloralRainbow wrote:
After twenty years of having drip coffee, I'm thinking of buying a nespresso machine.

Tastes like coffee, as coffee does, but with a selection of pods with added flavors for different tastes.

I dislike pod systems for many reasons. Mainly because coffee pods generate large amounts of unnecessary plastic waste and there's the inconvenience of being unable to use ground coffee. Immediately you are limiting yourself to one or a few brands who make those pods. You could use "unofficial" coffee pods but you're running the risk of damaging the internals of the machine. Machines, unlike simple drip filters require servicing too.

Topic author Australia
FloralRainbow

Thu May 30, 2019 5:10 pm

datsgucci wrote:
FloralRainbow wrote:

Tastes like coffee, as coffee does, but with a selection of pods with added flavors for different tastes.

I dislike pod systems for many reasons. Mainly because coffee pods generate large amounts of unnecessary plastic waste and there's the inconvenience of being unable to use ground coffee. Immediately you are limiting yourself to one or a few brands who make those pods. You could use "unofficial" coffee pods but you're running the risk of damaging the internals of the machine. Machines, unlike simple drip filters require servicing too.
Thanks for the response. I may be buying a percolator instead.

United States of America
datsgucci

Thu May 30, 2019 5:13 pm

FloralRainbow wrote:
datsgucci wrote:
FloralRainbow wrote:

Other than stove top coffee, you could use a press.

Topic author Australia
FloralRainbow

Thu May 30, 2019 5:14 pm

datsgucci wrote:
FloralRainbow wrote:
datsgucci wrote:
FloralRainbow wrote:

I just opened a page showing the french press. It looks nice. Apparently its good for flavour too.

United States of America
datsgucci

Thu May 30, 2019 5:16 pm

FloralRainbow wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:14 pm
datsgucci wrote:
FloralRainbow wrote:
datsgucci wrote:

I just opened a page showing the french press. It looks nice. Apparently its good for flavour too.
Amazing flavor once the art of using it is mastered! !love

Australia
Tasha

Fri May 31, 2019 8:38 pm

Nespresso coffee tastes amazing. I love the barista creations assortment so I can change up my coffee everyday.

Australia
meltedice

Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:56 pm

datsgucci wrote:
FloralRainbow wrote:

Now they kind of have recycling points. You know life is busy enough as it is without having to get myself (and burn c02 in the process) to the nearest coffee pod collection point to drop off pods that should have been fully biodegradable in the first place. Not fair on the environment.

United States of America
datsgucci

Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:04 pm

meltedice wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:56 pm
datsgucci wrote:
FloralRainbow wrote:

Now they kind of have recycling points. You know life is busy enough as it is without having to get myself (and burn c02 in the process) to the nearest coffee pod collection point to drop off pods that should have been fully biodegradable in the first place. Not fair on the environment.
Well, yes there's that. Then there's the energy required to manufacture and recycle the pods. And it gets worse:
Made of a mixture of plastic and other materials, coffee pods are so small that most recycling facilities are unable to process them. Most end up in landfills, where they take 150–500 years to break down.
https://www.eco-business.com/news/why-d ... aluminium/

Australia
meltedice

Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:10 pm

datsgucci wrote:

Well, yes there's that. Then there's the energy required to manufacture and recycle the pods. And it gets worse:
Made of a mixture of plastic and other materials, coffee pods are so small that most recycling facilities are unable to process them. Most end up in landfills, where they take 150–500 years to break down.
Should never have been allowed to happen.

United States of America
datsgucci

Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:58 pm

meltedice wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:10 pm
datsgucci wrote:

Should never have been allowed to happen.
Agree with you.

Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic