Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Samsung is being sued by an Australian watchdog group

Mobile Phones Forum

Topic author France
technom

Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:13 pm

My understanding is that Samsung photographed their mobile in environments which they are not intended to be used in, beaches and pools.

I guess it could be misrepresenting the product's operating environment? !shocked

Someone who has a disability could misinterpret the images and therefore the phone's capabilities. There are people whose visual skills are more developed than their other skills and can receive a false impression of the product's operating environment.

I'm disgusted.

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

Australia
atlas2111

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:40 pm

I've been screwed over with warranty claims before. I don't care what the manufacturer says,I'd never dip my phone in any amount of water. Companies are crap when it comes to warranty claims. It's impossible to prove instructions were followed and the phone wasn't submerged further than it says you can.

Australia
BeccaKurtis

Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:04 pm

atlas2111 wrote:
I've been screwed over with warranty claims before. I don't care what the manufacturer says,I'd never dip my phone in any amount of water. Companies are crap when it comes to warranty claims. It's impossible to prove instructions were followed and the phone wasn't submerged further than it says you can.
Yes yes. You have to keep every receipt as evidence or your credit card history.

--------
Just Becca !concealer !foundation !facep

Australia
iRory

Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:24 am

i thought the waterproof feature was to protect the phone, in case it was dropped down the loo or in a bath tub. Not to go swimming with it. Their photos contradict this - my opinion it's their fault.

Topic author France
technom

Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:46 am

atlas2111 wrote:
I feel the same. I wouldn't submerge any smartphone device. The seal can continue to degrade past the 1 year warranty expiration and there's nothing that can be done. Warranty's over. Too bad.

Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic